Thursday, February 23, 2006

Gov. Bush Glad for Report of Attorney General Charlie Crist's Selective Enforcement of Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act

Unresponsiveness by Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist's office necessitated calling upon Governor Jeb Bush to look into selective emforcement of Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, at least where politically well-connected law firms are concerned. See previous posts for additional details.

By email dated Jan. 28, 2006, I asked Crist to explain for voters what his office's position is concerning this issue. After almost three weeks with no response from Crist, I sent two Feb. 14, 2006 emails to Governor Bush asking him to help correct a situation harmful to the public interest and more widespread than many imagine. I've still heard nothing from Crist, but that doesn't surprise me.

In drastic contrast to Crist's Office, Governor Bush's office promptly responded to my concerns by email dated Feb. 22, 2006 from Warren Davis from the Governor's Office of Citizens' Services. Davis stated, "Governor Bush is glad you took the time to share your perspective and asked me to respond on his behalf."

Davis suggested, "I encourage you to continue working with the Attorney General's office to resolve your concerns in this regard. As you know, the Attorney General is a state elected official who has administrative authority over his office and those under his supervision."

According to Davis, "Governor Bush wants to know how Floridians feel about the many critical issues we face, and promises to keep your ideas in mind as he forms policy for addressing these concerns."

I responded to Davis by email dated Feb. 22, 2006 explaining,

"Unfortunately, it seems futile to continue working with Attorney General Crist's office to resolve my concerns, I've contacted his office on several occasions over the last year with no results. Pursuing the issues through the media will hopefully prove productive."

"Selective enforcement of Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act when well-connected law firms are involved is gaining increasing attention this election year. By email dated Jan. 28, 2006, I asked Florida Attorney General Crist to explain what his office's position is concerning this issue. So far, no response whatsoever. Seems like we Florida voters deserve better, particularly from a man who aspires to be our next Governor."

"Unresponsiveness by Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist's office is what led me to call upon Governor Bush. to look into the situation. Thank you and the Governor taking the time to consider and respond to my concerns."

I have faith that Governor Bush will stand by his promise to keep my ideas concerning Crist's Selective Enforcement of Florida's Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act in mind as he forms policy addressing the critical issues facing Floridians. He's a Bush, after all, and I have yet to be disappointed by him, his brother or father.

Copyright © 2006 by Jeffrey R. Hill. All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home